Lunes, Disyembre 24, 2012

How I Came to Know God-Part 2

When I lost my job, I felt with dismay, however it was only temporary. Still, I don't have a job, but I believe in God's promises. According to His word "My Strength is perfect in your Weakness". I felt some kind of relief when I realized that God is using me for His purpose. I tried to know Him deeper and the first step was to read His word -The Bible. Not everybody understands the Bible(remember Satan does not understand the Scripture), but God gave me wisdom to understand it.Understanding the Bible was not easy. You have to read and reread. To enhance your knowledge about it , you should be filled with Holy Spirit. This can be done through powerful meditation on His Words. Singing hymn to the Lord helps you , too, empower your holy spirit. Reading the Bible comes with  responsibility. Remember the Lord said" Go, and make disciples of nations". Matthew 13:8 -Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop--a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown., which means once we heard of the good news(words of God and salvation) we have to spread it to other people so they, too would be saved. You can do this if you are also an epitome of the words of God. I think this is the reason why a lot of people go on the streets, televisions, on transportation to spread the words of the Lord, because once you know the words of God it comes with responsibility. That's what I'm doing now.

I remember ( when I don't know God yet), I prayed every now and then. It may be just habit that I formed for long time. I still recall, I was saved twice from a near accident along the road while on a passenger transport. The only words I uttered on those 2 accidents was " Jesus save us". I used to be a great sinner and still sin today. Sometimes, It's hard to follow God, because we have attitudes that has grown with us since our childhood which was hard to change. I believe one day, I'll be fully transformed. Knowing God not only means, praying , going to church every Sunday or some people would say " as long as we do not oppress, offend or treat others unfairly". Those things are not enough to become God's disciple. You will come to know Him by reading the Scriptures. Reading the Scriptures will also tells you the truth about beliefs and practices of people. You have to read from cover to cover to fully understand it.

My great thanks and gratitude to Lord God, for giving me a good home, a family, a son ( I didn't expect), talents, job, keeping me and my family in good health , a good appearance, sustaining me and my son even in times that I am jobless,  and of course real friends who I can trust in times of needs and who embraced my weaknesses.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento